Thursday, September 3, 2015

Commercial Competition

For my Commercial Design class, this semester I will be working on my entry for the 2015 Bernice Bienenstock Furniture Library Interior Design Competition.  This event is open to over 200 Interior Design programs across the United States.  Each year there is a new design problem to be solved.


This year's design is for a medical spa that specializes treatments for Multiple Sclerosis patients.  My spa, Healing Waters Spa, will be located in a park-like setting in Lake Lure, North Carolina.  In this beautiful location there will be a 4600 square foot building that will house the spa as well as a residence for the Doctor and his Physical Therapist wife.  They have asked that both spaces reflect the natural environment they are located in a holistic way.

I feel that this project will be very challenging, but rewarding at the end.  Keep checking back to see the progress of my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment