Friday, September 4, 2015

Spa Visit Field Trip

For research for my med spa project I visited Bella Bleue Savvy Spa and Salon in Mebane, NC.  This spa has been in downtown Mebane for about 9 years.  It is located in a historic, two story building.  The first floor is mainly the salon section with hair and nail stations right past the waiting and retail area.  It has a very glamourous feel with crystal chandeliers, sparkly mirrors and a black, grey and light green color scheme.  Upstairs is the spa area for facials, massages and permeant make-up.  The waiting area upstairs is undergoing some remodeling but was a living room type space with leather sofa and chairs centered around a faux fireplace.  The facial room I was in was painted a bright red (an odd color choice I thought for a relaxing space) with black accents and a fake tree.  All of the products and instruments to be used were sitting out in the open.  I think it would have looked neater to have them tucked away until they were needed.  She did have soothing music playing in the background.  I did enjoy my facial very much and would love to be able to treat myself like this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment